Click to enlarge.
Decoration award ceremony
The President of the Republic decorated, in the Palace of Belém, a group of individualities from Academia and Culture as well as the Home of the Artist.
Decorations were awarded to the following entities, with the respective grades of the Honorific Orders:
- Prof. Doctor Michel Renaud, University Lecturer and Member of the National Council of Ethics for the Science of Life – Commander of the Order of Sant’Iago da Espada
- Prof. Doctor Alberto Duarte Carvalho, University Lecturer - Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry the Navigator
- Prof. Doctor António Costa de Albuquerque de Sousa Lara, University Lecturer – Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry the Navigator
- Prof. Doctor Miguel Telles Antunes, University Lecturer and Paleontologist - Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry the Navigator
- Jorge Fernando da Silva Nunes, Musician and Composer
- Commander of the Order of Prince Henry the Navigator
- Dr. Nuno de Assis Simões da Costa Rogeiro, University Lecturer, Journalist and Commentator - Commander of the Order of Prince Henry the Navigator
- Dr. José Luiz Carvalho Cardoso, Founder of the AESE Business School (Association oh Higher Corporate Studies) – Commander of the Order of Public Education
- Home of the Artist (Artists’ Aid Association, Social Solidarity Private Institution – IPSS) – Honorary Member of the Order of Merit
On the occasion President Cavaco Silva delivered an address.
© 2006-2016 Presidency of the Portuguese Republic
You have gained access to the records of the Official Site of the Presidency of the Republic from 9 March 2006 to 9 March 2016.
The contents available here were entered in the site during the 10 year period covering the two mandates of President of the Republic Aníbal Cavaco Silva.